Buckwheat is a good oat-alternative if you’re sensitive to gluten. It’s also high in fiber and has comparable health benefits to fruits and veggies! Because of its texture, buckwheat takes a little longer to cook than rolled oats, so you need to do a natural pressure release to make sure it’s soft enough.
- 3 cups almond (or rice) milk
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 sliced banana
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Rinse off the buckwheat and put right in the pressure cooker.
- Pour in the milk, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Lock the lid.
- Select “manual,” and then cook for 6 minutes on high pressure.
- When time is up, hit “cancel” and wait 20 minutes or so for the pressure to go all the way down.
- Open the lid and stir well. Add more milk if it’s too thick for you.
Nutritional Info (¼ recipe):
Total calories: 240
Raspberry and Orange juice Power Blend
A healthy and balanced diet should include plenty of fresh fruit, either whole or juiced.Raspberry is a warehouse of nutrients, making it an amazing addition to your healthy diet, These flavors work so well together and provide a gentle release of energy. Try and keep oranges you are going to juice at room temperature as they provide much more juice when they aren’t fridge cold. The rest of the ingredients can be fridge cold.
- ½ cup goji berries
- ½ small banana
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 orange, juice only
- Extra Water to thin the smoothie, if you like
- Blend the goji berries on their own first, to try and produce a fine powder.
- Add the raspberries, banana and orange juice and blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes or extra water as required.